Wow! We are so thankful for the support of our community. We had 30 masks donated to CMSAC for our volunteers/staff by braveFACEmasks!!
Having these masks will help to protect us/those we work with in the coming months. A big, big thank you to all of the volunteers working hard to cut, sew, and distribute these masks. 💙😷
Click braveFACEmasks to learn more on how you can donate or volunteer!
CMSAC works closely with victim/survivors of all identities. We want to do more education on the way sexual violence intersects with those identities. Read below about what toxic masculinity and machismo is and how it contributes to rape culture.
To learn more, check out:
CMSAC trabaja con víctimas / sobrevivientes de todas las identidades. Queremos hacer más educación sobre la forma en que la violencia sexual se connecta con esas identidades. Lea a continuación sobre qué es el machismo y cómo contribuye a la cultura de la violación.
Para obtener más información, consulte: http://www.lights4violence.eu/…/machismo-and-gender-violenc…
Today is Equal Pay Day, and the pay gap contributes to sexual violence more than you’d think! Here are just a few ways:
- Unequal pay forces women to be dependent on their abusive partner, making it even harder to leave
- Women who are paid less than their male coworkers are less likely to report sexual harassment in the workplace
- Unequal pay increases the likelihood of a woman being sexually exploited or trafficked in order to survive
- Unequal pay sustains the ideology that men are superior and women are inferior, in turn, creating the expectation that women are supposed to submit to sexual acts
- Unequal pay continues a culture of victim-blaming as women are blamed for the pay gap (“if you choose to be a mother, you will be paid less”)
- Adding other intersectionalities like race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc. will exaggerate everything listed above even more and in different ways.
Enough is enough. It is time to close the gap and pay all people what they deserve. 💵
Show everyone you consensual sex and stop by CMSAC’s office and purchase your “I ❤ Consensual Sex” t-shirt! You can purchase a shirt for a suggested donation amount of $20! Limited quantities available.
Consent (Ken sent) – v.
to actively and willingly
participate in any given activity
without coercion or force.
Consent can NEVER
be assumed or
15 Riverside Dr. NE
St. Cloud, MN 56304 • (320) 251-4357
The Central MN Sexual Assault Center Needs You!!!
We are currently recruiting new members for our Board of Directors.
Join the fight against sexual violence in our community! CMSAC supports Stearns, Benton, Wright, and Sherburne counties in providing services and resources to victims of all forms of sexual violence. Our agency also strives to educate service providers in other fields, community members, students, parents, clergy, teachers, business owners, and others regarding ways in which they can also support victims, help reduce sexual violence, and work to eradicate it from our community.
In order to accomplish this mission, CMSAC needs dedicated and passionate individuals from all walks of life to support us through participation on our Board of Directors. In this oversight and planning role, you can help shape the scope and direction of CMSAC’s future efforts. You will also gain vital experience in agency management, financial analysis, policy development, community outreach, and more that will enhance your professional and personal spheres. Read on to find out more about this rewarding volunteer opportunity!
Agency Description and Purpose
Central MN Sexual Assault Center (CMSAC) is a 24-hour crisis intervention agency providing direct services to all people affected by any form of sexual violence. This includes services to victims of sex trafficking and child sexual abuse. The Center’s purpose is to offer non-judgmental, confidential, free, trauma-informed, victim-centered services to victims of sexual violence, their partners, families, coworkers, and friends.
Our services include:
· 24-Hour crisis phone line
· One-to-one support counseling
· Orders for Protection
· Safety planning
· “Safe at Home” Program
· Harassment Restraining Orders
· Criminal justice advocacy
· Referrals for supportive services
· Hospital advocacy services
· Professional and community training/education
· Human trafficking services
· Individual psychoeducation
· Support and psychoeducation groups
· Support for those involved in the sex industry
Board of Directors Composition
CMSAC’s current Board of Directors is comprised of leaders from the non-profit and for-profit sectors who are dedicated to our organization’s mission. As one of the highest-volume providers of services to victims of sexual violence in the state of Minnesota, CMSAC strives to be a model of governance performance.
CMSAC’s Board Members believe that our agency needs a strong and effective Board to fully realize its potential for good. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a Board Member, our Board Members are also active ambassadors for the organization and are engaged in identifying and accessing
financial resources and community partnerships necessary for CMSAC to advance its mission.
Desired Experience and Job Description
Job Title: Volunteer Board Member
Desired Experience: Previous participation on other boards is helpful but not required. Other helpful experience could come from non-profit management, accounting, banking, teaching, business management, healthcare administration, legal services, mental health services provision or administration, social services, military or veteran services, criminal justice, community outreach, and other related fields. We aspire to continue to build a diverse Board of Directors!
· Board Members are expected to attend six Board Meetings per year. Attendance at agency events, fundraisers, and other community events or educational opportunities (as appropriate) is encouraged. The time investment estimate for this level of participation is 25 hours per year.
· Board Members are expected to read agency financial statements in advance of meetings and come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions regarding them.
· Board Members are expected to serve on one or more committees of the Board and actively participate in committee work.
· Board members are expected to play an active role in securing ongoing financial resources necessary for CMSAC to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and community partnerships to help identify and solicit potential funders.
· Board members are expected to responsibly represent CMSAC to their respective communities and to advocate for CMSAC’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
If interested, contact:
15 Riverside Drive Northeast, St. Cloud, MN 56304
Coming up THIS SATURDAY! Our first Prom it Forward Dress Sale of 2020 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM at Rapids Alterations & Repair or 621 N Benton Dr #101, Sauk Rapids, MN 56379! You wont want to miss it. 😉 All proceeds go to CMSAC.
You should also give the Prom It Forward Minnesota page a like to see exclusive photos of some of the dresses they will be selling this year! Dresses vary in style, color, and are formal in style! We hope to see you there!