*CMSAC provides free and confidential services to all survivors/victims and concerned persons of sexual violence. If you wish, you may obtain our services anonymously. It is your choice on how much and what identifiable information you feel comfortable providing.*
CMSAC Services Spotlight:
CMSAC offers many resources for survivors and their allies. Two types of resources we recommend are reading and film materials to learn more about topics related to sexual violence. *Some of the books and film below contain graphic content that may be triggering. Please read and/or view with discretion. If you are in crisis and would like to speak with a sexual assault advocate, please call (320) 251-4357. Advocates are available 24/7 to speak with you. *
- The Courage to Heal by Laura Davis
- The Sexual Healing Journey by Wendy Maltz
- The Year After: A Memoir; by Ashley Warner
- After Silence: Rape and My Journey Back; by Nancy Venable Raine
- Telling: A Memoir of Rape and Recovery; by Patricia Weaver Francisco
- Resurrection After Rape by Matt Atkinson
- Letters to Survivors by Matt Atkinson
- Facing Codependence by Pia Mellody
- Facing Love Addiction by Pia Mellody
- Healing The Shame That Binds You by John Bradshaw
- The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk
- Trauma & Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence- From Domestic Abuse to Political Terror by Judith Herman
- The Betrayal Bond: Breaking Free of Exploitive Relationships by Patrick Carnes
For assistance in obtaining a resource, you may find interesting, please contact us at (320) 251-4357.
Please visit our program and services tab to learn more about all the services that CMSAC has to offer!
Think you would benefit from our free and confidential services available at CMSAC?
Simply call (320) 251-4357 and ask to speak with one of our sexual assault advocates. Walk-in’s for services, including support groups, are welcome.