*CMSAC provides free and confidential services to all survivors/victims and concerned persons of sexual violence. If you wish, you may obtain our services anonymously. It is your choice on how much and what identifiable information you feel comfortable providing.*
CMSAC Services Spotlight:
CMSAC depends on their volunteers to staff the crisis line and respond to survivors at the hospital and/or with law enforcement. CMSAC offers a 53 hour training to become a volunteer sexual assault advocate during the Spring and Fall, which meets the 40 hour training requirement to become a sexual assault advocate under MN statute. Please see below for more information on our volunteer sexual assault advocate position, as well as other opportunities to get involved in our work to end sexual violence!
Direct Service/Become a Volunteer Sexual Assault Advocate:
- Volunteering on the crisis line, requires the following:
- the volunteer must be 18 years of age or older
- completion of the state mandated 40 hour sexual assault advocacy training
- sign up for a minimum of 2 crisis line shifts a month
- attend monthly advocate meetings as part of continuing education
- a one year commitment
* For more information on becoming a volunteer sexual assault advocate, please click here: https://cmsac.org/volunteer-application/*
Activism/Other Service Learning Opportunities
Want to volunteer to make a difference in another way? Consider getting involved in some of the activism or other service learning opportunities listed below.
Voting/Formal Political Activities:
- Writing letters to the Editor or senator/legislators which address current issues on sexual violence and the need for more victim service funding.
Grass Roots Political Activity/Public Policy Work
- Volunteer to bring information on CMSAC to community activities/events to raise awareness of the issue of sexual violence in our community.
- Plan a special awareness activity and/or event around an issue such as date rape drugs, internet safety, sexual harassment, or date/acquaintance sexual assault.
To speak with an advocate about our volunteer opportunities, please call our 24 hour crisis line at (320) 251-4357!
Please visit our program and services tab to learn more about all the services that CMSAC has to offer!