ATWOOD MEMORIAL CENTER: CASCADE ROOM
Minnesota: 13th largest center for child sex trafficking in the entire U.S.
Breaking Free is an anti-sex trafficking/prostitution organization located in St. Paul, Minnesota. Joy Friedman, an advocate at Breaking Free, will share her personal testimony of surviving 27 years of being trafficked into prostitution. She will also talk about local trafficking, effects of legalization of prostitution, connections to pornography, and answer questions.
SATS will sponsor an item drive! Please bring items for Breaking Free’s Outreach to help locally trafficked/prostituted women.
This event is FREE, so instead please donate TRAVEL-SIZED… toothbrushes, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo, conditioner and deodorant. Also hats, mittens, gloves, socks, hairbrushes, underwear, and gift cards to McDonald’s, Burger King, or Wendy’s.
Thank you for your support. This event is open to the public. Located on the 2nd floor in St. Cloud State University’s Atwood Memorial Center in the CASCADE room.
- About Us
- Programs & Services
- Services Overview
- Individual Support Counseling
- Support Groups
- Sex Trade/Trafficking-Specific Programming
- Forensic Nurse Examiner (FNE) Program
- Safe at Home Program
- Trainings & Education
- Men Accountable for Sexual Exploitation (MASE) Program
- Safety & Risk Reduction Tips
- Survivors & Their Allies
- Medical Care After Sexual Violence
- Reporting Sexual Violence
- LGBTQIA+ Identifying Survivors & Their Allies
- Male Survivors of Sexual Violence
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST) Survivors & Their Allies
- For Survivors Who Have a Disability
- Secondary Survivors/Concerned Persons
- Get Involved
- Contact Us/Contáctenos