St. Cloud State University (SCSU) Women’s Center
Hours: M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Phone: (320) 308-4958 (only answered during University hours and is not a crisis line)
218 Atwood Memorial Center
St. Cloud State University
720 Fourth Avenue South
St. Cloud, MN 56301-4498
Women’s Center Gender Violence Response Services:
- Confidential, trauma-informed, non-clinical support and advocacy services for survivors of violence, abuse, and stalking
- Safety planning
- Assistance with safety/supportive measures and Title IX-related advocacy and accommodations on campus
- Provide options and information on laws, policies, reporting options, and legal processes
- Referral to campus and community services and resources
- Assistance with filling out harassment restraining orders (HROs)
- Educational resources on gender violence issues
SCSU non-confidential reporting offices/links:
- SCSU’s Office for Institutional Equity & Access Contact Information: https://www.stcloudstate.edu/oea/contact/default.aspx
- SCSU’s Sexual Violence & Misconduct Reporting Page: https://www.stcloudstate.edu/sexualviolence/report-it/default.aspx
MinnState Colleges 1B.3 Sexual Violence Policy Definition of Affirmative Consent:
“Consent is informed, freely given, and mutually understood willingness to participate in sexual activity that is expressed by clear, unambiguous, and affirmative words or actions.
- It is the responsibility of the person who wants to engage in sexual activity to ensure that the other person has consented to engage in the sexual activity.
- Consent must be present throughout the entire sexual activity and can be revoked at any time.
- If coercion, intimidation, threats, and/or physical force are used, there is no consent.
- If the complainant is mentally or physically incapacitated or impaired so that the complainant cannot understand the fact, nature, or extent of the sexual situation, there is no consent; this includes conditions due to alcohol or drug consumption, or being asleep or unconscious.
- A lack of protest, absence of resistance, or silence alone does not constitute consent, and past consent to sexual activities does not imply ongoing future consent.
- The existence of a dating relationship between the people involved or the existence of a past sexual relationship does not prove the presence of, or otherwise provide the basis for, an assumption of consent.
- Whether the respondent has taken advantage of a position of influence over the complainant may be a factor in determining consent.”
More information here: https://www.minnstate.edu/board/policy/1b03.html
Sexual Harassment Definition:
“Unwelcomed conduct on the basis pf the sex that is severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive, creating a “hostile environment” that effectively denies a person equal access to an educational program or activity.”
Federal Title IX:
Title IX prohibits sexual discrimination by protecting victims/survivors of all forms of interpersonal violence, stalking, and harassment, regardless of the sex, gender inequality, sexual orientation of victim or perpetrator specifically in the context of educational programs or activities against persons located in the US.
Federal Clery Act:
The Clery Act was named after Jeanne Clery, who was raped and murdered in her dorm room by a fellow student on April 5th, 1986. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act in her memory. The Clery Act requires colleges & universities to release a public annual security report (ASR) to employees and students every October 1st. The ASR must include statistics of campus crime for the preceding 3 calendar years with additional details about efforts taken to improve campus safety.
Dear Pat: Stories of Sexist Realities & Resistance
Dear Pat is a catalogue of stories, rants, and experiences of everyday sexism, misogyny, and patriarchal violence. Students and community members in central MN can anonymously submit their stories of sexism, misogyny, patriarchal violence, and gender inequality at the Women’s Center drop box and through the website.
To subscribe or submit a story, click here: https://dearpatsexiststories.wordpress.com/
Additional Campus Resources:
SCSU Women’s Center resources: https://www.stcloudstate.edu/womenscenter/resources.aspx
Know Your IX: https://www.knowyourix.org/college-resources